Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

TIme After Time...

WOW! It's been more than 3 months since I've posted a blog! Epic.Fail. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.

I am hoping to get back into the blogging world now that we have survived the first 9 weeks of school! Life finally feels like it is slowing down a bit (for now)!!!


"Just keep moving, just keep moving..." This was my mantra for my FIRST half marathon ever this past October. The Chosen Marathon is a fabulous organization that helps families trying to adopt ad bringing awareness to the fatherless. My goal this time last year was to run a 10k. Not only did I meet that goal, I kick that goal's butt! 13.1 miles. Do not let anyone fool you that 13.1 miles is easy; especially this course. I swear I was running uphill the entire time. I can't WAIT to do it again next year. :)

At school, my class has pushed me to try new things and to constantly reevaluate what we are doing and how we can make it better.

One of the things I am the MOST proud of this year, is our interactions for the Global Read Aloud. Our entire 4th grade read One for the Murphy's along with thousands of other learners around the world. If you haven't read it, it is a MUST READ, but make sure you have a box of Kleenex with you!

 For 6 weeks, everything we did revolved around this book. We Skyped with a social worker, a foster parent, and are currently working on a challenge to "Be Someone's Hero." Check out our class website to see a sample of some of our work. At our school, we are not with other 4th graders, so having a common experience allowed them to connect with their peers even without seeing them everyday.

I can''t wait to get back to school tomorrow after a week off! It was much needed, but I miss my babies!

See you soon blogger world!




No comments:

Post a Comment