Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

We are FamiLEE- New Dreams

I haven't blogged a lot over the summer mainly because I didn't feel that I had much to say! My days were routinely normal, and had little to do with school/education. Now that I'm back? WATCH OUT BLOGGING WORLD! :)

Today was the first day for the staff of Lee Elementary to come together as whole and GET TO WORK! We got a lot of things finished, but the best part of today? TEAM BONDING! And what better way to bond then (than? I swear I'll figure it out one day) with a scavenger hunt!?

If you want to check out our adventure as a house, click the following: Purple House Hunt!

It was the perfect way to get to know each other, and really see how we work together as a cohesive group! We think a lot alike in many ways, but have unique differences that I believe will allow us to push ourselves in ways we never thought possible. 



To me, Lee elementary is the embodiment of this quote. We are redefining what education should/could be. Are we going to make mistakes? I HOPE SO. Mistakes means we are trying things we haven't done before. 

We ended our day by taking a tour of our ALMOST FINISHED building! 



We have been told over and over how many visitors we are going to have, and I hope that if they take away anything from our school, it's that we are a group of LEEders who are willing to take risks, fail/succeed, and try again. For admin that come? I hope they go back to their schools/districts ready to let their staff try things without the fear of, "I'm going to get in trouble if I fail." Can't visit our school? Follow our journey on Twitter- @netzerolee and #rjlyear1

It's time education sets new goals, new dreams, and starts putting those goals and dreams into ACTION. 


Here's to making our dreams a reality with our famiLEE!!












2 comments:

  1. Luv this! Looks like u had a more than fabulous first day back! Best wishes this year!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really was a fun first day! :) I hope you have a great year as well!

      Delete